Cinematique Instruments releases Bowed Psaltery
Cinematique Instruments has announced the release of Bowed Psaltery, a new sample library for Kontakt.
Description: A BOWED PSALTERY is a stringed musical instrument of the zither family such as a kind of a wooden soundbox with unstopped strings over it, that is played with a bow. The Bowed Psaltery is triangular in shape, allowing each string to extend a little farther than the one before it, so that each can be individually bowed – only one note at a time.
Content: We recorded every second string of the Bowed Psaltery in different modes: sustain notes as seperate up and downbow stroke variations, short (app. 3sek.) as well as staccato bowed notes in 4 times Round Robin and tremolo notes. Beyond that we recorded “slow – tremolo” loops and noises and scratches made with the bow. All these loops are tempo-synced. You might like to use these loops as ostinato backgrounds for your music. We programmed a couple of opportunities the instruments provide by using the modwheel or the surface of Kontakt.
Bowed Psaltery features
- Bowed Psaltery MW — sustain notes as seperate up and downbow stroke variations, looped, additional release notes, modwheel controls dynamic.
- Bowed Psaltery Shrt — Short notes in 4 times Round Robin.
- Bowed Psaltery Stacc MW — Staccato notes in 4 times Round Robin, modwheel affects the dynamic from gentle to hard staccato.
- Bowed Psaltery Stacc MW Arp — see above, arpeggiator script with 12 presets.
- Bowed Psaltery Tremolo — Tremolo notes, looped, additional release notes, modwheel controls dynamic, controlling amount of reverb.
- Bowed Psaltery FX — processed long notes, pad-like.
- Bowed Psaltery KEY — multi patch contains sustain, short and staccato notes, switchable by key.
- Bowed Psaltery Loops — ”slow – tremolo” (ostinato) loops, noises and scratches made with the bow, tempo-synced, controlling.
Bowed Psaltery for Kontakt (Kontakt 3 or higher full retail versions required) is available for download for 19 EUR.
discoDSP updates Discovery to R4.1