Cinesamples has announced the Session Drummer Series, a new series of sample libraries created in order to provide a quick and effective method to add realistic percussion grooves to your track.
The intent will be to cover grooves which are either very hard to technically synthestrate (ex. a stirring brush pattern) or those which can sound “square” when crafted via midi or midi loops.
Each volume will be contain a series of loops and a Kontakt “kit” patch. The patch itself is a faithful representation of the sound of the loops, having each ingredient carefully sampled with 8x round robin and multiple velocity layers. Seamlessly interchanging the kit with the loops the composer can provide exactly the track which suits them.
The loops provide a realistic variation to different patterns a percussionist might lay down at a session. They don’t go off on tandems, nor do they reach outside the realm of the title of the volume. They are specifically made to serve the library by playing a variation in the style described.
Session Drummer Series
- Volume 1: Medium Swing Sticks
- 136 medium swing style loops recorded at 116 BPM.
- About half of the loops are 4-8 bar drag and drop, fully orchestrated “time” feels.
- Time variations cover commonly used patterns like swing feel on the ride, hi hat, toms, and snare. The remaining loops serve specific functions like fills, solos etc…
- Playing is designed to be commercially accessible – tailored towards multi media composers.
- Malleable mix, a classic sound with nothing sticking out. Not overly compressed nor especially dark or bright. It is ready to be treated as needed by your own track.
- Volume 2: Ballad Brushes
- 160 bars (20 loops/11 minutes) of stirring loops recorded at the delightful ballad tempo of 58 BPM.
- Except for the double time loop (4 bars) and the blues loop (12 bars) each loop is 8 bars long.
- Variations between the loops create some tender and subtle accompanying soundscapes which are perfect for music of this type.
- Kontakt Kit contains all the brushed elements used in the loops + additional brush handle effects on the ride cymbal. Recorded in 8x Round Robin (option to create your own stirring).
The Session Drummer Series loops come as pure wav files (48k/24bit), Rex2 files (Volume 1 only), and Apple Loops. Each volume is available for download for $75 USD, or in a bundle for the introductory price of $99 USD.
More information: Cinesamples