Cinesamples has announced the release of Djembe, a sample library for Kontakt.
We are trying to raise some money for a very worthy cause: Action Against Hunger http://www.aah-usa.org. AAH is one of the highest rated and effective charities – offering support to those in distress in over 40 countries.
If you wish to donate (any amount is accepted) please head over to our firstgiving page at http://www.firstgiving.com/cinesamples. After donating you will be sent links to this wonderful djembe as a way of saying thanks! Suggested donation is $10, our fund raising goal is $5000. Donation amounts will not be posted, name and comment is optional.
The djembe (279.9 MB: 207.4 MB Zipped) was recorded with multiple microphone positions (Close, Room) and multiple velocity layers at RRx8. The interface is highly customizable allowing the user to control articulation mapping and volume, and a set of easy to use presets.
- Automatic left/right hand alternation (depending on what you play; it’s more complicated than strict alternation)
- Dynamic mapping with mapping presets.
- Mixing close/room mic balance, room size adjustment.
- Ability to change the volume of individual articulations.
- Sample audition, so you can hear the drum playing as you adjust it. No more having to go back and forth from your mouse to the MIDI keyboard!
- Automatically fills empty keys with the nearest samples. Great for setting it up so several keys trigger the same sample–making it really easy to perform on a MIDI keyboard.
- Scripted round-robin.
- Programmed for Kontakt, by Greg Schlaepfer.