Cinesamples has announced it has released CineMap, a handy utility that allows you to re-map and alter MIDI data in Native Instruments Kontakt.
CineMap is a multiscript utility for Kontakt that allows you to re-route and alter MIDI data before it reaches your instruments.
- Re-mapping range of MIDI keys to another register on the MIDI keyboard.
- Mapping multiple instruments to the same keyboard range.
- Mapping CC11 (expression) to follow CC1 (modulation) for more exaggerated dynamics.
- Mapping any CC to MIDI notes for easy chromatic glissandi.
- Creating complex multis with multiple layers and instrument ranges – such as CineStrings CORE in the left hand and CineStrings SOLO in the right.
- Taking advantage of MIDI channels 17-64 in Kontakt.
- Re-mapping Keyswitches.
- Many more uses only limited by your imagination.
CineMap is a free download for Kontakt 5.3.1 or higher (full version).