Cinesamples has announced the release of version 2 of Piano in Blue, a sample library for Native Instruments Kontakt, featuring a historic 1949 Steinway D piano.
Piano in Blue is an exceptional instrument with great history, and we are thrilled to announce some updates that make this piano sound even better, along with some options that allow you greater control.
Changes in Piano in Blue 2
- Latency – Added a Sample Start knob, which will allow you to cut into the sample by 20ms. This feature will remove the hammer and finger noise of the instrument.
- Tape Sample Replacement – All the samples were re-recorded through a physical Studer tape machine, and all samples have been replaced in the tape setting
- De-noising – Extensive de-noising of all Version 1 Direct samples. Additionally, noise from F4 Velocity 101-110 has been removed.
- Velocity 90-110 – issues with this velocity being too quiet have been fixed.
- Added CC11 (Expression) control.
The Piano in Blue library is available to purchase for $99 USD. Full version of Kontakt 4.2+ required.