Note: this post is from 2007, outbound links may be broken.
Cockos releases REAPER v2.0
Changes in v2.0
- New pitch/timestretch modes: elastique Pro, Efficient, and SOLOIST.
- Nicer looking default theme by WhiteTie (old still available via classic).
- New extended mixer views (FX inserts, sends, etc), with uber-drag and drop editing.
- Performance improvements in many areas, including support for multiprocessing with UAD-1.
- New ReaPitch pitch shifter plug-in, ReaTune now can use advance pitch shifter modes.
- MIDI editor and playback improvements, MID file tempo map importing.
- Tempo/time signature change improvements.
- New automation options to make adding large amounts of automation easier.
- Improved plug-in compatibility, JS enhancements (including full PDC for JS effects!).
- Tons of small fixes, refinements, and enhancements.
REAPER is available for Windows PC (Mac OS X version coming in Q4 2007), and costs $225.00 USD. A reduced price license of $50.00 USD is available for non-commercial use.