Note: this post is from 2008, outbound links may be broken.
Cockos releases REAPER v2.2
Changes in REAPER v2.2
- Now includes the fantastic new elastique 2.0.
- improved looped recording/playback precision.
- better looping midi item precision when item length is not a multiple of sample length.
- MIDI overdub/replace: auto-insert of new items defaults to shorter items.
- MIDI channel rewriting in sends/hw outs no longer corrupts system realtime/exclusive messages.
- looped midi input recording latency fix.
- fixed bug resulting in excessive splits when recording using non-overdub/replace to in-project midi items.
- rewire slave mode: better samplerate detection/switching.
- re-added an old fix for Drumatic3 giving invalid samples (requires extra mainschange cycle on load).
- control surfaces: better updating of mute state on csurf track mute change.
- Better drag&drop support dragging files to some plug-ins (Battery3 for example).
- Floating FX windows now size themselves to current FX size (but remember their old positions).
- Option (prefs/buffering/advanced) to disable mmap’d peakfiles (to conserve address space).
- Changed default reginfo filenames for hopefully better Vista compatability.
- CPU meter: can now show RT CPU+graph (to show CPU use used by main audio thread).
- Improved VST performance & various API updates.
REAPER is available for Windows PC (Mac OS X version coming in Q4 2007), and costs $225.00 USD. A reduced price license of $50.00 USD is available for non-commercial use.