Cockos releases Reaper v3.0
Cockos has released version 3.0 of Reaper, a complete multitrack audio and MIDI recording, editing, processing, mixing, and mastering environment for Windows PC.
We didn’t hide REAPER 3 until we were ready to market it. Instead, we offered our pre-release builds in public to all of our users, and continued to refine and develop as they told us what they liked, what they didn’t, and best of all, what new features were most important to them.
Key changes in Reaper v3.0
- Automation lanes.
- Nested track folders.
- Multiple tabbed projects.
- Multichannel (greater than stereo) media support, including MOGG.
- FX parameter controls on track and mixer control panels.
- Customize toolbar icons and actions.
- Programmable MIDI joystick/game controller support.
- Inline MIDI editing.
- Edit multiple MIDI items in one editor.
- Sync MIDI editor to arrange view, including looped items.
- Export project MIDI, with tempo map support.
- MIDI event filter.
- Track MIDI controls (manage bank/program changes, sysex, automate CC).
- MIDI hardware timing improvements.
- Full sysex support.
- All-native graphics rendering engine (better appearance and performance).
- Memory use improvements.
- Soft controller takeover, including FX parameters.
Reaper has two licenses, a full commercial license ($225 USD) and a discounted license ($60 USD). You may use the discounted license if any of the following is true:
- You are an individual, using REAPER only for personal use.
- You are an individual or business, using REAPER for commercial use, and the yearly gross revenue does not exceed USD $20,000.
- You are an educational or non-profit organization.
An uncrippled evaluation version of Reaper is available for download here.
Visit the Reaper website for more information.
Bootsy releases TesslaPRO