Cockos has released version 3.0.3 of Reaper, a complete multitrack audio and MIDI recording, editing, processing, mixing, and mastering environment for Windows PC.
Reaper 3.0.3 introduces batch rendering, FX wet/dry controls, and lots of improvements.
Changes in Reaper v3.0.3
- Fixes for action to crossfade at selection.
- Crossfade at selection automatically splits an enclosing item.
- VKB performance improvement (especially on WINE).
- Peak caches: better validation of timestamps for varying timezones and filesystems.
- Draw correct crossfades when an item sits on top of another item.
- X key is mapped to crossfade selected items action by default.
- Fixed delay compensation of untouched track channels for VSTs with latency decrease (ReaFIR etc).
- Fixed delay compensation on untouched track channels for JS (including ReaMote).
- ReaMote: fixed network thrashing with automated fx parameters.
- MIDI editor: removed snap behavior where snapping is disabled more than 100px from grid.
- Render: option to render at project samplerate, but output at a different rate (apply SRC last).
- Fixed bug when undoing on certain projects with envelope lanes visible.
- Fixed bug storing online rendering to project file.
- Online rendering will pause for a few seconds before rendering to allow hardware to switch samplerates if necessary.
- Project setting for item mix behavior (items can mix, replace earlier items, or replace enclosing items).
- Actions to enable or disable auto-crossfade on split.
- -renderproject hides main window from view.
- Fix for plugins that create multiple envelopes when loaded with automation write on.
- Fixed MIDI editor actions to move multiple notes up or down.
- Track MIDI input can be mapped to any channel.
- Fixed move cursor to start of previous measure action when starting on beat.
- Preliminary wet/dry knob for FX.
- Look for embedded track name event when importing single-track MIDI.
- Option to not reset MIDI CC on stop.
- Queued (batch) rendering support (Queue render button in render dialog, menu/action to bring up queue).
- MIDI editor: control-drag also copies CC messages when moving CC with notes.
- Action to toggle maximize all tracks will maximize first.
- Fixed adding tempo events via transport when tempo envelope is hidden.
- Support for changing BPM from within ReWire slaves.
- User config for external MIDI output threading (restricted to one thread by default).
- Fix for ripple editing + tempo marker issues.
- OSX: better hidden-mouse UI behavior (with Synergy detection as well).
- OSX: cleaner looking buttons/popup buttons (todo combo boxes).
- OSX: enabled FX folder rename/delete, drag FX into folder.
- OSX: fixed item fadein cursor.
- OSX: better support for detecting mouse activation for BFD2 etc.
- Internal queue optimizations.
Reaper is available for purchase for $225 USD (full commercial license) or at the discounted license price of $60 USD (for personal use, or commerical use with a yearly gross revenue of less than $20k USD).
An uncrippled evaluation version of Reaper is available for download here.
Visit the Reaper website for more information.