Cockos has released version 3.12 of Reaper, a complete multitrack audio and MIDI recording, editing, processing, mixing, and mastering environment for Windows and Mac.
Changes in Reaper v3.12
- Automation lanes: fixed possible crash when removing FX parameter envelopes.
- CD burning: fixes to native XP mode track divisions.
- Extensions API: GetSetMediaItemInfo() fixes for fade shape settings.
- Fade drawing: when using full-area filling, fixed drawing when zoomed in.
- FX: per-FX buggy plugin compatibility mode (assumes plugin is not threadsafe, needs constant precleaned buffers, etc.).
- Hardware outputs: post-fader track outputs obey track polarity control.
- MIDI editor: show notes pressed as long as the input note is pressed.
- OSX: improved drag/drop support.
- OSX: support for control+alt+drag to render to new file (drag to desktop, finder, sampler, etc.).
- OSX: CD burning support.
- OSX: REX support.
- OSX: special casing for POD Farm VST misreporting view type (VST 2.4 should be composited view).
- OSX: fix for some AUs that do not export automatable parameters until after audio streams are initialized.
- OSX: added correct file locking to prevent writing files open for read.
- Pencil mode: fixed fade/autofade settings for newly drawn media items.
- ReaControlMIDI: support for raw mode (0-127 access to all CC messages).
- ReaControlMIDI: envelopes and TCP knobs report the same value as the slider (0-127, 0-16383, or on/off).
- ReaControlMIDI: support for storing/sending sysex dumps up to 64KB.
- ReaScript: run Python or Perl scripts that call Reaper API functions.
- ReaScript: assign reascripts to key commands or toolbar buttons.
- VST bridging: optimized plug-ins that call for tempo information.
- VST bridging/firewalling: per plug-in option to embed UI (not as compatible, less crash-resilient).
- VST: safer querying of text strings from certain plug-ins.
- Win32: async file reading now has more grace on error.
- Win32: file locking improvements (no longer allow writing to media files that are open and online in REAPER, etc.).
- x64: VST bridging performance improvements, ReaRoute performance improvements.
- x64: will now use same config path as x86 (unless appdata/REAPER64 is valid).
- x64: REX support (via bridging).
- x64: fix for certain (broken) ASIO drivers.
A commercial license for Reaper is available for purchase for $225 USD.
For personal use, commerical use with a yearly gross revenue of less than $20k USD, and educational or non-profit organizations there is a $60 USD discounted license available.
A complete and uncrippled evaluation version Reaper can be downloaded from the website.
More information: Reaper