Computer Music 197 freebie: SKnote Snap transient exciter
Computer Music has announced that its latest magazine includes a free copy of SKnote Snap, a transient exciter plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Brighten or dull the attack and sustain of your sounds with Snap, a unique transient exciter plugin created exclusively for CM by software perfectionists SKnote. Their other analogue-flavoured creations include the console-emulating Stripbus, tape saturator Roundtone, and the mighty MCAudioLab EQ1passive equaliser.
Snap detects your incoming transients (or attack) and allows you to apply two intelligently-linked filters to your signal. You can add brightness to a snare or hi-hat’s crack, tame a drum group’s spikiness, or soften a piano’s sustain without blunting its attack.
SKnote Snap features
- ‘Hit’ and ‘Body’ knobs to treat attack and/or sustain for precise dynamic sculpting.
- Brighten or dull transients independently of the signal’s sustain.
- Great for shaping drums, percussion, guitars, groups or mixes.
- Transient metering and value readouts.
- Clear, compact interface.
- 32-/64-bit PC VST.
- 32-/64-bit Mac AU/VST.
The plugin is included with Computer Music 197 (and onwards).
More information: MusicRadar