Note: this post is from 2008, outbound links may be broken.
Contralogic releases RPS-1
Contralogic has released RPS-1, a pattern sequencing VSTi plugin designed to facilitate the rapid creation of percussion sequences with random variations.
The operation is similar to a standard step sequencer, however in addition to a step being either on or off, a probability can be specified – which governs the chance that the sample will be triggered at that point in time. RPS-1 can also output MIDI data and can therefore be used to trigger another plugin or sampler etc.
- 8 sample slots, into which can be loaded one of 96 built-in sounds or a PCM WAVE file.
- Crush “bit-crusher” type of distortion effect.
- 2 pole state variable filter: low pass, high pass, band pass and band reject.
- Output to MIDI notes when samples are triggered
- Various parameters for probability/randomize and modulation.
- The full version includes RPS-1m, a multi-output version which has eight mono outputs instead of a single stereo output.
RPS-1 is available as a VST plug-in for Windows PC for $19.95 USD. A demo version is available from the product page.
Visit Contralogic for more information.