Coolsoft has updated the VirtualMIDISynth software MIDI synthesizer for Windows to version 1.6.0.
VirtualMIDISynth is a software MIDI synthesizer implemented as a Windows multimedia user driver, accessible as a standard MIDI Out device.
It works on Windows XP / Vista / 7 (both x86 and x64), and is based on the great BASS library from un4seen.
Changes in VirtualMIDISynth v1.7.0
- Additional languages (German, Japanese, Russian, French, Spanish, Polish, Indonesian, Swedish).
- Added support for GM/GM2/GS/XG instrument names, now correctly shown on MIDI Mixer.
- Added an activity indicator on each MIDI channel, useful to quickly see which channel is actually playing.
- MIDI Mixer can now be moved by clicking (and dragging) anywhere on it.
- Added support for MIDI running status bit (some players call it “redundant MIDI data”).
- Fixed BASS initialization in case of already initialized BASS library.
- Language files are now UTF-8.
- Better language file memory management.
- Soundfont listbox doesn’t enable Apply button on checkboxes state changes.
VirtualMIDISynth for Windows is available to download as freeware.
More information: VirtualMIDISynth