CPS, a realtime interactive programming environment for audio, MIDI and other media & I/O which started as a commercial package, in now available as freeware.
In CPS patches are build by placing objects and making wires between them. Areas of interest are sound design, algorithmic composition, DSP, electronic/computer music and education. CPS can be used in any realtime situation where sound plays a role.
example usages of CPS
- interactive realtime sound for art installations
- use CPS as a game audio engine inside your program
- sound design
- algorithmic composition
- create interactive sound-tracks for games or art related software
- create realtime sound effects and instruments
- generate and process realtime MIDI events
- education in audio processing, MIDI protocol, and logic programming