CutterMusic has announced that it has set free Revitar 2.0, a virtual acoustic guitar instrument for Windows.
A wide variety of guitars can be simulated using a unique physical based modeling technique.
The modeler consists of three main components: pick, string and body. The pick model allows the shape and stiffness of the pick to be adjusted. The string model simulates 120 points along each of 6 strings. The body model consists of 20 separately tuned resonators based on the modes of real guitars.
This entire model is recreated without the use of samples, so no two notes ever sound the same.
Revitar 2.0 features
- Unique string and body simulation.
- Adjustable pick shape.
- 48 programmable chords, using absolute and relative positions.
- Different playing styles – slides, hammer on / pull offs, chords, single string.
- 6 guitar body types to choose from.
- Fully programmable MIDI control of all knobs and sliders.
- Intuitive user interface.
Revitar 2.0 is available to download as a freeware VST instrument plug-in for Windows. The source code is available as well.