CWI Technology has announced a public beta of TX16Wx 2.0, a software sampler instrument for Windows.
After months of development and closed testing, I am proud to present the long awaited public beta of TX16Wx version 2.0, now available on the new website http://www.tx16wx.com/.
The worlds greatest sampler now comes with a more user friendly, re-sizable GUI, built for drag and drop operation, as well as full Undo/Redo support for easy editing. Tool tips and context-sensitive help now make it easier than ever to quickly get up to speed with the instrument. There is now also a built-in file browser with drag and drop loading and improved bookmark handling.
The sound engine has also added three new step modulators as well as new modulation sources and destinations, making the sound tweaking possibilities greater than ever. New import formats, such as Ogg vorbis and SFZ files, as well as improved Soundfont 2 support makes a large set of pre-existing material available to the instrument.
TX16Wx is a free, multitimbral VSTi software sampler instrument plugin, modelled after professional hardware samplers from the 80s and 90s.
TX16Wx 2.0 features
- Re-sizable, flexible GUI
- Full Undo/Redo support.
- Built-in file browser with wave preview.
- Unlimited multi-timbral operation.
- 128 voice polyphony
- 24dB resonant filters.
- Two syncable LFO:s per voice.
- Two Modulation Envelopes per voice.
- Three Sequence LFO:s per voice.
- Modulation matrix with 16 modulation slots per voice.
- Multiple keyboard scales.
- Multiple trigger modes.
- Mono/Poly/Legato operation.
- 8 choke groups per program.
- Per-sample loop start/end/direction modulation.
- Polyphonic glide.
- Built-in sample editor
- Automatic Loop Slicing + slice mapping.
- Actually Samples! Record audio straight into the sampler.
- Automatic pitch detection.
- Loop tools.
- Loop cross fading.
- Multiple loop definitions per wave.
- Trim, cut, duplicate.
- Pitch detection.
- Tempo detection.
- Graphical keyboard mapping editor
- Automatic sample layout.
- Flexible drag & drop-based group edit.
- Quick select of sound data via MIDI.
- Drag & drop of samples/programs/performances/banks.
- Multiple outputs
- 4 Stereo + 8 Mono outputs.
- Individual output mapping for key groups (drums).
- 16 mappable controllers for automation.
- 48 mappable VST parameters for automation.
- Preview loaded programs and samples in your song before loading.
- Reads multiple sample and bank formats
- SoundFont 2.
- SFZ Files.
- Ogg Vorbis.
- Typhoon compressed AIF files.
- Original Yamaha OS Wave files.
- 100% documented XML-based sound file format.
- Anyone can write conversion tools.
- Saves data in DAW project directory.
- Low CPU usage.
- Fully native, optimized for SSE2.
- 64-bit support.
- Nice sound!
The public beta is available to download at no cost (Windows VST).
More information: TX16Wx Software Sampler