CWI Technology releases TX16Wx software sampler v1.0
CWI Technology has released version 1.0 of the TX16Wx, a free multi-timbral software sampler modelled after professional hardware samplers from the 80s and 90s.
TX16Wx is a 100% free VSTi Sampler with professional features and an easy to use graphical interface – and – one of the few sampler instruments, free or commercial, with a fully documented file format. Not a preset-player or disk-streaming library engine, this is a plugin for you to make your own sounds, tweak and experiment. Bring back the fun of the old hardware samplers – in software.
After more than two months of public beta testing, various feature addons and bug fixes, this plugin is now released proper. Many thanks to all the enthusiastic testers and bug reporters.
TX16Wx v1.0 features
- Unlimited multi-timbral operation.
- 128 voice polyphony.
- Modulation matrix with 16 modulation slots per voice.
- 24dB resonant filter.
- Two syncable LFO + Two modulation envelopes per voice.
- Polyphonic glide.
- Built-in sample editor.
- Automatic Loop Slicing + slice mapping.
- Actually Samples! Record waves straight into the sampler.
- Graphical keyboard mapping editor.
- Automatic sample layout.
- Drag & drop of samples/programs/performances/banks.
- Automatic pitch detection.
- Loop crossfading.
- 4 Stereo + 8 Mono outputs.
- 16 mappable controllers for automation.
- 48 mappable VST parameters for automation.
- Per-sample loop start/end/direction modulation.
- Multiple loop definitions per wave.
- Individual outs for keyboard groups (drums).
- Multiple keyboard scales.
- Multiple trigger modes.
- Mono/Poly/Legato operation.
- 8 choke groups per program.
- Preview loaded programs and samples in your song before loading.
- Quick select of sound data via Midi.
- WAV/AIFF/AIFC/SoundFont 2 support.
- Reads Typhoon compressed AIF files.
- Reads Original Yamaha OS Wave files.
- 100% documented XML-based sound file format. Anyone can write conversion tools.
- Saves data in DAW project directory.
- Low CPU usage.
- Fully native, optimized for SSE2.
- 64-bit support.
- Nice sound!
TX16Wx for Windows (32/64-bit VST) is available as freeware.
More information: TX16Wx