CWI Technology has released v0.9 beta of TX16Wx, a freeware sampler instrument plug-in for Windows.
After several years of on/off development, I finally got my act together (somewhat) during July of 2011 and fixed the few remaining features I wanted to add before publishing the plugin. The result is the first public beta release of the TX16Wx VSTi Software Sampler.
It is a 100% free VSTi Sampler with professional features and an easy to use graphical interface – and – one of the few sampler instruments, free or commercial, with a fully documented file format. Not a preset-player or disk-streaming library engine, this is a plugin for you to make your own sounds, tweak and experiment. Bring back the fun of the old hardware samplers – in software.
- Unlimited multi-timbral operation.
- 128 voice polyphony.
- 16 modulation slots per voice.
- 24dB resonant filter.
- Two LFO + Two modulation envelopes per voice.
- Polyphonic glide.
- Built-in sample editor.
- Actually samples! Record waves straight into the sampler.
- Graphical keyboard mapping editor.
- 4 Stereo + 8 Mono outputs.
- 16 mappable controllers for automation.
- Multiple loop definitions per wave.
- Individual outs for keyboard groups (drums).
- Multiple keyboard scales.
- Multiple trigger modes.
- Mono/Poly/Legato operation.
- Preview loaded programs and samples in your song before loading.
- WAV/AIFF/AIFC/SoundFont 2 support.
- Reads Typhoon compressed AIF files.
- 100% documented XML-based sound file format. Anyone can write conversion tools.
- Low CPU usage.
- Fully native, optimized for SSE2.
- 64-bit support.
- Nice sound!
TX16Wx beta for Windows (VST) is available as freeware.
More information: TX16Wx