Cycling ’74 and Ableton have announced Max for Live, the integration of Cycling ’74’s Max/MSP environment into Ableton Live.
Max for Live puts the power and potential of Max/MSP inside Live. Create all the instruments, effects and extensions you’ve ever wanted. Go beyond the common and predictable, and transcend the limits that conventional tools impose. Build completely unique synths and effects, create algorithmic composition tools, or fuse Live and controller hardware into radical, new music machines. Join a society of makers and share ingenuity.
Max for Live key features
- Build your own audio effects, MIDI effects and instruments.
- Use the API to control Live Sets, tracks, clips, devices, notes, loops, parameters etc..
- Extend your hardware’s feature set: provides objects to access any hardware controllers that are connected to Live.
- Includes a specialized version of Max for creating and editing Max devices (Please note: does not run independently of Max for Live).
- Comes with a selection of MAX devices that are ready to use out of the box for audio and MIDI processing, algorithmic composition, real-time performance and hardware control.
- Devices keep playing in Live while they are being edited in Max.
- Flexible user interface design: the UI can look like Live or completely different.
- Includes hundreds of built-in Max objects for logic, MIDI, scripting, audio and video processing.
- Supports video synthesis and animation via “Jitter” objects.
- Includes step-by-step tutorials for learning to program with Max for Live.
Max for Live will be available from Ableton later this year. Pricing information will be announced when Max for Live is released.