Cycling ’74 has released Max 7, a full kit of creative tools for sound, graphics, music and interactivity in a visual environment.
Now with a new interface optimized for speed and simplicity, major performance improvements, and a collection of powerful new tools to realize your ideas faster than ever.
Max 7 features
- Full support for MIDI devices and modern audio hardware.
- Limitless audio options including basic DSP building blocks, VST, Audio Units, and Max for Live devices.
- Flexible support for multi-channel audio.
- Realtime input from webcams, digitizers, and built-in hardware.
- Serial and HID support for a wide variety of electronic prototyping boards and controllers.
- Interactive OpenGL graphics and GLSL shaders, including realtime shadows.
- Support for multiple displays and tools for live projection.
- Efficient realtime HD playback and hardware-accelerated image processing.
- Transcoding and interaction between audio, video, graphics, and control data.
Max 7 is available for purchase for $399 USD. An upgrade from previous Max versions is $149 USD, and you can also subscribe for $9.99 USD/month. Ableton Max for Live or Live 9 users can crossgrade for $299 USD.