Note: this post is from 2009, outbound links may be broken.
D16 announces Nithonat preorder
D16 Group has announced a preorder for Nithonat, a classic drum machine box (606 emulation this time) plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Nithonat is a fully synthesized drum machine based on the classic 606. The unique sound of this machine has been used by many artists over the years in the production of Electro, Hip-Hop and R n B.
The original 606 has been perfectly emulated. However, since Nithonat is software based, D16 were able to enhance the original with extra functionality.
- fully synthesized drum sounds
- additional parameters to get yet more control over the sound
- many ways of controlling the device:
- external mode (notes triggering the sounds)
- internal sequencer (pattern mode)
- internal sequencer:
- 4 banks with 12 patterns per bank
- each pattern up to 16 steps of length
- each pattern defined with one of four available measures
- shuffle mode
- global accent track
- tap mode
- chain mode
- shuffle, tempo and accent values defined globally and per pattern
- built in randomizer
- patterns import/export via human readable xml files
- two modes of synchronization:
- precise synchronization to the host tempo
- synchronization to internal clock – tempo controlled in the range 30-300 BPM (+-0.1)
- mutes/solos for each instrument (affect triggerring not just the signal)
- dynamic signal routing from instruments to outputs
- drum kits organised into groups
- midi learn function
- 64bit internal processing
Nithonat will be available for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) in the middle of May. You can preorder it now for 69 EUR (regular price will be 79 EUR).