Note: this post is from 2008, outbound links may be broken.
D16 Group announces Decimort
D16 Group has announced Decimort, a bit crusher effect unit from the SilverLine family of plugins.
Electronic music producers (especially in Hip-Hop) have always been aware that classic samplers (such as early Akai and EMU units) had a character and sound of their own. They added a “grit” and “colour” to the samples and loops they played back which made them sound “Fat” and sit well in a mix.
This sound colouration was due to the encoding techniques, lower sample rates, lower bit rate and conversion circuits which these early samplers used.
Decimort recreates this colouration and adds the vintage sampler magic to any loop, bass line or sound played through it. It also acts as the perfect bit crusher with filter.
- ultra accurate resampling algorithm (ADC emulation, no harmonics above 22kHz).
- anti-alias lowpass filter conjugated with resampler.
- analogue-like filters with adjustable resonance and cutoff.
- two independent process paths in stereo mode with different parameters per each channel.
- presets organised into groups.
- midi learn function.
- 64bit internal processing.
- no harmonic distortions at output (unwanted).
Decimort is now available only in preorder for 29 EUR. It will be shipped in the first week of October (regular price will be 35 euro).