D16 Group Audio Software has announced the release of Devastor 2, a new version of the well acclaimed multiband distortion effect plug-in from the SilverLine Collection series.
Devastor 2 is the second generation of D16’s first FX Plugin from the SilverLine Collection series. Devastor 2 is a Multiband Distortion Unit. It is an enhanced version of the distortion unit you can find in Phoscyon, but with full control over multiband processing.
The plug-in consists of four essential blocks:
- Dynamics-flattener module (one-knob controlled input signal compressor)
- Diode-clipper distortion
- Three multi-mode filter sections
- Optionally activated signal limiter
The plug-in offers nine different connection topologies between its filters and diode-clipper. Filters can process the signal before or after it gets fed into the diode-clipper, but some of the configurations even allow the filters to work alongside the clipper. Devastor’s filters are not simply the peaking EQ type, which are commonly used in classic multiband distortion units: rather, they are like those found in analog synthesizers (low pass, high pass, band pass and band reject) with adjustable resonance and cutoff parameters.
Changes in Devastor 2
- Refined filter models.
- Improved peak detection and more natural envelopes in Dynamics flattener.
- Optional output limiter.
- Tag-based preset browser.
- Two alternative GUI sizes.
- MIDI-learn functionality throughout.
- 9 different topologies of connections for filters and the diode-clipper.
Devastor 2 for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/AAX) is available for purchase for 39 EUR / $49 USD / £32 GBP incl. taxes where applicable. The plug-in is also included in the Silverline Collection and Total Bundle.
Futhermore, Devastor 2 is D16 Group’s first plugin available as a Reason Rack Extension. Devastor 2 RE is available from the Propellerhead Shop, priced at 39 EUR.