Dave Smith Instruments Prophet ’08 Module now shipping
Dave Smith Instruments is now shipping the Prophet ’08 Synthesizer Module, a tabletop “knobby” module with all of the features and controls of the Prophet ’08 Keyboard in an even more compact enclosure.
From the product page:
With real analog oscillators, famed Curtis low-pass filters, and analog VCAs, the Prophet ’08 is capable of reproducing the familiar sounds of its legendary predecessors. But modern features like a greatly expanded modulation matrix and additional modulation sources—like three envelopes and four LFOs per voice—take it way beyond the vintage gear and make this a worthy and unique addition to the Prophet family tree.
Prophet ’08 Module features
- 16 x 4 gated step sequencer.
- 2 digitally controlled analog oscillators (DCOs) per voice with selectable sawtooth, triangle, saw/triangle mix, and pulse waves (with pulse-width modulation), and hard sync.
- White noise generator.
- 1 Analog Curtis low-pass filter per voice, selectable 2- and 4-pole operation (self-resonating in 4-pole mode).
- 3 Envelope Generators: filter, VCA, and assignable (four-stage ADSR + delay); Envelope 3 can loop.
- 4 LFOs.
- Glide (portamento): separate rates per oscillator.
- Analog VCAs.
- Rack mounted: 4U.
- MIDI In, Out, Thru, and Poly Chain.
- Main stereo audio output: 1/4″ unbalanced.
- Output B stereo audio output: 1/4″ unbalanced.
- Sustain pedal input: accepts normally on or normally off momentary footswitch.
- Pedal/CV input: responds to expression pedals or control voltages ranging from 0 to 5 VDC (protected against higher or negative voltages).
- Headphone output: 1/4″ stereo phone jack.
The Prophet ’08 Module has a suggested retail price of $1649 ($1499 street).
Visit Dave Smith Instruments for more information.
KResearch updates KR-Space to v1.5