db audioware releases Sidechain Compressor and Sidechain Gate
db audioware has released two new sidechain plugins, Sidechain Compressor and Sidechain Gate.
Side-chaining compressors are amazingly useful effects. They are standard issue tools for vocal ducking in radio production, to fade out music when a narrator is speaking. They are also insanely popular in dance production, able to make your whole mix “pump” or “breathe” by following a kick drum.
Sidechain Gate lets you perform clever mixing techniques, by using a source track to gate a destination track. For example, you can use a complex hi-hat pattern in one track to rhythmically gate a synth pad in another track. Or simplify a busy bass guitar by gating it from a kick drum track (so the bass guitar is only heard when the kick drum sounds).
Sidechain Series features
- New compression and gating algorithms that deliver an authentic analogue sound with low distortion
- Easy to set up multi track side-chaining, independent of any host routing
- Compressor & Gate plug-ins also work as normal channel insert effects
- EQ and Shape controls in the side-chain permit radical & fine tuning of the plug-ins’ dynamic response and character
- Compressor Auto Gain with brickwall limiter supports extreme compression settings with little or no distortion
- Dual metering for clear visual feedback
- Listen mode to monitor side-chain signal
- VST & Audio Units format for Mac OS X (Universal Binaries); VST format for PC Windows; VST 2.4 support
- Full MIDI control, with easy to use MIDI Learn
- Full 64 bit internal resolution supports any sample rate up to 192kHz
Sidechain Compressor and Sidechain Gate each retail at $84 USD / EUR 62 and are available for immediate purchase and download from the db audioware website. A reduced price bundle of both plug-ins is also offered at $126 USD / EUR 93, a saving of 25%.
Visit db audioware for more information and trial versions of Sidechain Compressor and Sidechain Gate.