Note: this post is from 2008, outbound links may be broken.
de la Mancha releases boost
de la Mancha has released boost, a dual-band, parallel compression effect that enhances your audio by boosting the lows and highs whilst still letting some of the original signal through to get a nice blend.
boost is a very simplified version of bathtub, which is a fully featured and flexible compressor / limiter / maximizer plugin
- dual band stereo compressors for low and high frequencies
- parallel compression mixes dry audio with compressed audio to preserve transients
- gain reduction indicators so you can see when compressors are working
- boost knob increases mix of wet signal
- gain knob increases input gain to desired compression level
- high and low knob increase output gain of each freq band
- all knobs are mapped to midi CC’s
boost is available as a freeware VST effect plug-in for Windows PC.
Visit de la Mancha for more information.