de la Mancha releases faderratic
de la Mancha has released faderratic, a freeware VST effect plug-in for Windows PC.
faderratic brings you cross-fading of 2 stereo inputs, but with a mind of its own and a ton of options to change the fade shape, length, limits, frequency and probability. faderratic works by generating a pulse on a tempo-sync frequency, and depending on the probability it may trigger a cross-fade event. You can optionally make the fader auto-return to either side and if you feel like it, trigger a fade manually or control the fader movement totally manually.
- Probability based auto-cross-fader.
- Cross-fade is triggered based on user defined frequency and probability.
- Cross-fade duration in ms.
- 13 different envelope shapes for the cross-fade.
- Trigger alternate fades or auto-return to either input pair.
- Partial fades by scaling the throw and fader limits.
- 4 fade laws.
- Manual trigger.
- Option to manually control cross-fader.
- All controls assigned to midi CCs.
NOTE: this is a multi-input effect, it cross-fades between 2 stereo inputs. You need a host that supports multi-input effects to get it to work. However, even if you don’t have a host that supports it, you can still use it as a randomised gate, cross-fading between the first pair of inputs and silence.
Visit de la Mancha for more information and a link to download faderratic.