de la Mancha has released GTO & GTX, a pair of vintage style ‘character’ compressors, designed like their muscle car name-sakes for brute power, pure speed and to make a loud noise.
They have everything you’d expect in a thorough-bred compressor, but are tuned for maximum control and ease of use, each with their own unique vintage colouring on top.
GTO is a peak compressor, designed for raw power and lightning response. GTX has a smoother RMS delivery with further refinement in the shape of a knee control. They both feature super-fast attack and release times and have a wide range of threshold, ratio and output boost, so they can cover everything from subtle correction to death-by-compression, with everything in between. With an external sidechain, wet/dry mix for NY compression and a hard limiter too, you can really push these babies to get pumping bass and block-rockin’ beats. The metering covers input, output and gain reduction, showing real-time and peak levels.
GTO & GTX features
- Vintage style Peak and RMS compressors with external sidechain, parallel compression and comprehensive metering.
- Subtle colouring from a home-made blend of harmonics, saturation and noise.
- Internal or external sidechain routing.
- Wet/Dry mix control allows phase-free blending of dry uncompressed signal for NY style parallel compression.
- RMS window can be set for smooth cruising or sharp response [GTX only].
- Knee amount can be changed from gentle curve to sharp edge [GTX only].
- Stereo input detection can be linked or unlinked.
- Distortion reduction for very short release times.
- Optional hard limiting on final output.
- Metering covers stereo input, output and gain reduction. All meters show actual and peak levels.
- Non-linear knobs for precise control at small values.
- Presets covering all functions and different configurations.
GTO & GTX are available as VST effect plug-ins for Windows PC, priced at $29 USD.
Until the 1st November 2009, the bundle will include a free copy of GTA, a stripped-down, hot-rodded, limited edition version of GTO, with less features but more flavour.