de la Mancha has released Scylla, a VST instrument capable of sample-playback combined with subtractive synthesis to produce a wide variety of sonic possibilities ranging from lush pads to far-out soundscapes and effects via scorching leads and chunky bass.
Scylla can be used for most any application and is only limited by the user’s imagination.
Scylla includes three different types of oscillators that can be modified to a wide variety of styles. Three built-in samplers can accommodate .wav audio samples, which can be played back in grain table, waveform, sample or single hit format. All the audio can be modified and modulated through LFO, volume and filter envelopes, Ring-Modulation, and Unison.
- Three layers of programmable audio sources.
- Each layer consists of:
- Sample player capable of loading full-length samples and custom waveforms.
- Oscillator (Dual-OSC with cross-modulation, Morphing OSC, Spectral OSC).
- Each sampler features:
- Playback: Oscillate, Play-Once, Loop-Release.
- Basic audio playback features (normalize, stereo to mono, zero-crossing).
- Customizable Loop points.
- Granular and Wavetable playback.
- Loads any WAV format sample from your own library.
- 96MB of sample content, including waveforms, samples and loops.
- 128 presets by brian botkiller.
- All audio sources have independent tune, volume, and pan.
- Ring-Modulation per layer.
- Variable stage Filter per Layer.
- Adjustable Amp and Filter Envelopes per layer (Envelope contours can be changed).
- Layer Assignable Granulator engine.
- 2 layer assignable LFO effects for modulating ring-mod, cutoff (filter), and phase of one LFO.
- Adjustable Global Amp Envelope.
- Mix level of each audio source can be adjusted.
- Mix level of each layer can be adjusted.
- Master Volume.
- Each audio source, envelope, ring-mod and filter can be switched off to save CPU.
- Midi CC support.
Scylla is available as a VST instrument for Windows for $24 USD. It is also available in a bundle with Octav8r for $38 USD (saving $10 USD). A demo version can be downloaded from the product page.
Visit de la Mancha for more information.