Note: this post is from 2008, outbound links may be broken.
Digidesign announces Pro Tools 8
Digidesign has announced Pro Tools 8, the latest version of the popular sound creation and production software.
From the announcement:
Meet the new Pro Tools® 8 — the most advanced audio creation and production software, featuring a gorgeous new interface; dozens of new plug-ins; five new virtual instruments; exciting new scoring, MIDI, editing, and mixing capabilities; deeper controller integration; improved ease of installation and use; and enhanced performance. With Pro Tools 8, you get the most comprehensive music and sound creation features and functionality, and the proven, dedicated platform for world-class audio production — all in a single application. Pro Tools 8 is coming soon for Pro Tools|HD®, Pro Tools LE®, and Pro Tools M-Powered™ systems, so get ready — you’ll never work with audio the same way again.
New in Pro Tools 8
- Stunning New Look and Interactivity — Sporting a sleek new look, Pro Tools 8 is as easy on the eyes as it is to use.
- A Well-Stocked Studio — Pro Tools 8 comes fully packed with a huge, comprehensive collection of music creation and sound processing plug-ins, giving you a well-stocked studio right out of the box.
- More Tracks Than Ever — Got Pro Tools LE or Pro Tools M-Powered? Get ready to create even larger mixes than ever.
- Score Your Music — The new Score Editor lets you view, edit, arrange, and print MIDI data as music notation.
- Complete MIDI Production — If you use virtual instruments and MIDI, Pro Tools 8 features a comprehensive array of new MIDI tools.
- Transpose with Elastic Pitch — As a complement to Pro Tools software’s powerful Elastic Time tempo and time manipulating tool, Pro Tools 8 introduces Elastic Pitch, which allows you to effortlessly manipulate or correct the pitch of any audio region in real time, right inside the Edit window.
- Comp Tracks to Perfection — Creating flawless performances is easier than ever.
- New Editing and Mixing Capabilities — Pro Tools 8 equips your system with even more editing and mixing capabilities.
- Expanded Pro Tools|HD Features — Pro Tools HD 8 extends the extensive capabilities of Digidesign’s Pro Tools|HD audio hardware with the new Satellite Link option, which allows you to control up to five Pro Tools|HD systems as one.
- More Great New Features — Pro Tools 8 is chock full of many other amazing new features that’ll help you become more efficient, inspire your creativity, and provide more flexibility for your workflow needs. Here’s what you can experience when Pro Tools 8 hits the streets:
- Check for Updates feature keeps Pro Tools and your plug-ins up to date.
- Windows Vista (32-bit Business or Ultimate) support on Pro Tools|HD.
- QuickTime HD support on Mac OS X-based systems.
- Enhanced session open and close times on Pro Tools|HD.
- Supports files up to 4 GB in size, letting you work with longer files with higher sample rates.
Visit Digidesign for more information and videos.