Note: this post is from 2007, outbound links may be broken.
Digidesign releases Structure
Structure comes with an extensive library of high-quality sounds from A.I.R. (Advanced Instrument Research) and EastWest, welcomes the use of your own sample libraries, and lets you create your own samples directly from your Pro Tools sessions via drag-and-drop.
It also features an impressive universal sound engine with support for an unlimited number of nestable patches, optimally manages sample streaming along with Pro Tools playback, and includes a powerful multi-effects processing engine.
- Professional RTAS® sampler designed and optimized exclusively for Pro Tools delivers superior performance and unprecedented reliability
- Includes comprehensive, premium factory sound libraries from EastWest and A.I.R., including Quantum Leap Orchestral Elements, plus a 30-day trial of EastWest’s 40 GB professional sound library, Goliath — Structure Edition
- Use your existing SampleCell, Kontakt 1 and 2, and EXS24 sound libraries* (supports up to 8-channel interleaved samples)
- Drag-and-drop regions from within Pro Tools directly into the sampler for easy custom sound creation
- Sample engine tightly couples with the Pro Tools engine for superior playback performance**
- Supports sample playback via a choice of disk streaming or RAM-only for optimal operation
- Powerful database and integrated file browser make finding sounds and managing them easy
- Integrated stereo and surround multi-effects processing engine offers over 20 effects types — including stereo and surround convolution reverbs — and hundreds of effects presets
- Universal sound engine provides support for an unlimited number of nestable patches, enabling you to easily create highly complex sounds
- Supports up to 128-level multitimbral playback per Structure instance and an unlimited number of parts, audio effects, and MIDI effects per patch
- Fully resizable built-in Sample Editor enables fast and easy waveform editing and sample mapping
- Supports all common bit depths, sample rates, and surround formats — up to 24-bit / 192 kHz / 7.1 surround
- Surround/stereo main outputs and up to 31 auxiliary outputs allow discrete source mixing and signal processing
- Six freely assignable, context-dependent Smart Knobs enable fast access to the most important sound sculpting parameters
- Powerful hands-on, real-time control of the sampler using a Digidesign control surface, or MIDI controller via MIDI Learn
- Integrated REX player allows you to use and manipulate REX 1 and 2 files
* Use of encrypted third-party sample libraries not supported.
** Optimized sampler integration available with Pro Tools 7.3 or higher software.
Structure is now available in a shippable box with 15 DVDs for $499 US / 440 EUR.
Visit Digidesign for more information, Pro Tools Accelerated Videos and Trial versions.
Link via CDM