Note: this post is from 2006, outbound links may be broken.
discoDSP HighLife now freeware
discoDSP has made HighLife v1.4 available as freeware.
HighLife is a performance sampler with VSTi sampling, sample editor, five built in effects, flexible modulation, parameter morphing and highest offline resampling quality using 512 point SINC.
- Built-in VST host for 32bit sampling of VSTis (freezing)
- Built-in wave editor
- Built-in library browser
- 32-Bit floating point based wavetables
- 128 Programs with unlimited zones
- Up to 32 voices polyphony (Multilayered zone sampling engine)
- Selectable interpolation engines: Hermite, Sinc 64 and Sinc 512. Both sinc modes are not suitable for realtime purposes but bouncing to audio
- Morphable scheme and automatable zone parameters (incl. cue and loop points)
- Syncable LFO with configurable Phase
- Stepping-free modulation sends, pitch bend and modulation to morphing wheels
discoDSP has a pdf file available with the full HighLife specs.