DMG Audio releases EQuality
DMG Audio has released EQuality, an equalizer effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Most people have quite a collection of EQs – some are models of hardware, some are workhorse EQs for surgical correction, or for guiding a track into a mix, some are for mastering. First off, EQuality is not a model of a specific piece of hardware; it’s more ambitious than that. EQuality aims to be a great replacement for all your EQs. That’s been the driving factor.
From the bottom up, EQuality sounds as good as an EQ can sound. By that, I mean the prototypes are as close to the consistent analogue shapes as can be achieved digitally, without spending extra CPU. When you want to spend extra CPU to close the deal, you can do that too, but so far not many people have reported finding occasions where the difference is perceptible. There’s a technology behind that that I’m reluctant to describe in too much detail, nor to wrap up in marketing-speak.
From the top-down, EQuality is designed to allow you to make it work the way you want it to. At every stage, we’ve sought out any idiosyncrasies in the design, and replaced them with solutions that make sense, and with options to allow you to have things the way you need them.
In the middle, there’s functionality and flexibility. A lot of it.
- Very low CPU usage for every track of your mix
- Linear/Analogue/Minimum phase modes for master and special channels
- Digital+ mode, to help turn awesome into perfect
- Generates super-high-quality prototypes. Clear undistorted top
- Big, clear, antialiased graph
- Hi-res Spectrum analyser
- Three different UI modes to taste – full, graph and knobs
- M/S processing modes
- Control linking for all EQ parameters
- 6 bands, 2 shelf/bells, 4 bell/notches, Q 0.1->50, +/-36dB range
- 2 fully parametric filters (high and low-pass), 6/12/18/24/30/36db/oct Q 0.1->20
- Extra HPF, to kill rumble
- Gain-q interaction controllably
- 8 A/B banks
- Shelves have “shift” to shift resonance above/below curve
- Range, to scale the EQ response, both +ve and -ve
- Frequency Shift to tune frequencies up/down
- Autolisten to hunt out frequencies
EQuality is available to purchase as an effect plug-in for PC and Mac (VST/AU, RTAS coming), priced at £74.99 GBP.