I’ve been working on this project for about two month now, so I’m very excited to finally share it with you guys.
Zebra Redux is a skin pack for Zebra, Zebrify and ZRev made primarily with sound designer workflow in mind. Initially I built it to reflect my own needs but I’m sure some of you guys will enjoy it too. So here it is.
Zebra Redux features
- Default window size is bigger now (914×914 px).
- Removed lower pane. All its features now reappear in form of modules.
- Renamed Perform, Synthesis and Patches tabs to XY, SYNTH and LIB respectively.
- XY pads and FX Grid are now part of a central pane and accessible from both SYNTH and LIB tabs.
- Moved assignable XY controls from lower pane to XY tab. Now all XY pad related parameters are in one place.
- Added new OSCs tab with 4 full-size OSC editors in one place for fast and easy editing, copying and pasting.
- Added new MSEGs tab with 4 full-size MSEG editors in one place.
- Moved global patch settings from lower pane to generators pane for easy access.
- Changed label color of all definable controls (…) to red.
- All menus that have only two items will now iterate through those items (when clicking) without opening the popup menu. Menu is still accessible via right click.
- OSC module now has waveform editor, waveform selector, preset manager and a subpanel with key and velocity scale editors.
- Noise, XMF and Comb modules now feature local XY pads for controlling two predefined (by me) parameters.
- FMO module now has subpanel with key and velocity scale editors. FM waveform is represented by an authentic waveform icon.
- Changed some important menus and switches to graphical icons. Some of them somehow reflect the reality, others are abstract and probably will change in the future.
- Arp, ArpMod, Modulation Matrix and MSEGs are now modules in modulators pane. ArpMods and MSEGs modules are hidden if not in use.
- Added new EXTRA tab (empty for now).
- Zebrify: Envelope Follower and Pitch Detector modules are now part of modulators pane and have big sliders combined with indicators for easy tuning.
- ZRev: changed T and AP knobs to sliders.
The pack is a free download from KVR Audio and DRZHNN.