EastWest announces new products and PLAY 2 upgrade
EastWest has introduced a number of new instruments at the NAMM show.
Quantum Leap RA – PLAY Edition — Now available with our PLAY’s intuitive custom interface with more control over the sounds offered in the collection along with the ability to load even more instruments than ever before.
“Quite simply, RA is the best collection of world or ethnic sampled instruments I’ve ever used. It ought to be of particular appeal to TV and film composers.” – SOUND ON SOUND
Quantum Leap RA – PLAY Edition will ship January 26, 2009 for $355.50 USD.
Quantum Leap Silk — A collection of historic and unique string and woodwind instruments from China, Persia and India.
Quantum Leap Silk features
- Incredibly detailed Silk Road instruments from China, Persia and India. The most ambitious ethnic instrument ever created.
- 25 gig instrument: 20 gigs of multi-samples and 5 gigs of authentic performances.
- Recorded legato intervals for erhu, zhonghu, jinhu, electric cello, kemenche, duduk, 30 piece string section, dilruba, bansuri.
- Master musicians recorded at East West Studios and Capitol Studios, using vintage Neumann microphones, Neve consoles and Meitner converters.
- New PLAY 32 bit/64 bit interface features state of the art convolution reverb, scripting and new revolutionary micro-tuning system.
Quantum Leap Silk is available for $535.50 USD.
Quantum Leap Stormdrum 2 PRO Upgrade — gigabytes of new recordings featuring tremendous new ensembles and solo percussion instruments. SD2 PRO also includes a “best of” selection from the original Quantum Leap Stormdrum 1 with over 1.5 gigabytes of multi-samples.
- New Ensemble Instruments:
- Chinese Lion drums: 3 giant drums played by 6 percussionists
- Middle Earth Ensemble: Performed by 8 percussionists playing various bass drums, floor drums and small toms. These are the best sounding big drums we have ever done.
- Persian Battle Drums: 2 large battle drums
- Trailer Toms: A set of 8 huge tom ensembles, Out of the box trailer sound. Middle Earth + Trailer Toms = SCARY
- New Solo Instruments:
- Mridangam: 2 headed Indian drum capable of dozens of tones like tablas, but with a different harmonic structure. Played by a lifetime Mridangam master. 10 way round robin program that captures every aspect of this instrument. 1000 perfect samples whittled down from 3000 samples taken originally.
- Brushed Percussion: Following in the tradition of the brushed percussion from SD2, we sampled 10 new drums played with a variety of brushed techniques.
- Khamak: Rare Indian stringed percussion instrument with a wild sound.
- Daf: Persian hand drum. Beautiful high pitched drum.
- Chinese Toms: Beautiful sounding Chinese toms set of 4.
- Chinese Gongs: Various new Chinese gongs played with many techniques.
- Chinese Cymbals: Various new Chinese cymbals played with many techniques.
- Chinese Blocks: Chinese blocks.
Quantum Leap Stormdrum 2 PRO Upgrade will ship January 26, 2009 for $149.00
Imagine typing words into your computer and hearing a world class Choir sing them in any key(s) you play! Well imagine no more, that’s exactly what this product does. Now available with our advanced PLAY sampler.
Symphonic Choirs – PLAY Edition will ship February 2009 for $445.50 USD.
PLAY 2 Upgrade — Total control for all your PLAY Virtual Instruments.
EASTWEST PLAY 2 software is the ultimate editor for PLAY. Use in standalone or plugin mode and gain complete control over all parameters in all your PLAY instruments. Import your own samples and create your own PLAY instruments with intuitive sample mapping and other powerful editing features.
PLAY 2 features
- PLAY 2 Advanced Sample Engine with 64-bit support, MAC & WIN.
- Runs as standalone and as a Plugin (AU, VST, RTAS).
- Complete control over all parameters in your current PLAY powered libraries.
- Includes performance scripts and user accessible scripting engine.
- Create your own PLAY instruments with intuitive sample mapping and more.
- Expanded Modular Effects rack and filters.
The PLAY 2 Upgrade is available for $269 USD.
Visit EastWest for more information.