EastWest has announced the release of Ghostwriter, a virtual instrument library by Steven Wilson and Doug Rogers.
For the first time ever, this new instrument presents some of Steven’s most innovative sounds, as well as a selection of especially created instruments and replications of some instantly recognizable classic sounds originally created by other legendary producers and engineers.
These organic and inspirational sounds can be used as part of the fabric of complex music productions, or as the basis for cinematic soundtrack-based music, providing a ready-made selection of sonic building blocks with years of expertise and sonic innovation already embedded in them. In addition some more straightforward and raw instruments are included, which can be manipulated via the powerful Ghostwriter instrument interface to create your own unique sounds.
Steven Wilson’s Ghostwriter features
- Includes over 800 Multi-Sampled Instruments and Presets (60 GB).
- Includes Basses, Drums, Guitars, Keyboards, Misc, and Vocals.
- Designed for Music, Film, Games, and TV Composers.
- Includes many “live” presets that can be adjusted by the user in the software.
- Performed by Steven Wilson, Marco Minnemann, and Laurence Juber.
- Recorded in the world famous EASTWEST studios.
- Includes PLAY 4 64-bit/32-bit software on both MAC and PC.
- The software includes many new advanced sound shaping tools, a new EastWest AMP Simulator with 80 Amp Presets, classic Echoplex EP-1 Delay, Solid State Logic EQ & Dynamics Channel, consisting of: Filter, EQ, Compressor and Noise Gate/Expander, Solid State Logic Transient Shaper, the legendary Solid State Logic Stereo Compressor, and EastWest Expanded Convolution Reverb with 726 Additional Reverb Presets.
The virtual instrument is available to purchase for the introductory price of $395 USD. Until January 31st, 2014, it can be ordered on a Western Digital USB3 (with USB2 compatibility) Hard Drive at no extra charge ($70 USD value).