EastWest releases PLAY 3 + Summer Sale launched
EastWest has announced that the PLAY 3 software update is now available for download.
PLAY 3 has been greatly improved and optimized on both Mac and Windows platforms. Sample Streaming and CPU performance have been improved, and for the first time the user can now set their maximum voices all the way up to 2,048, double the amount possible in PLAY 2.
On Mac OS 10.6 and later PLAY is now fully 64-bit, allowing you to load larger projects than ever before. Both saving and loading times are now improved (especially when using our new “Fast Disk Mode”, see below for more information on that).
Apart from optimizations, we have also solved several bugs and known issues that were present in previous versions of PLAY, making this our most stable and robust version to date.
Changes in PLAY 3
- Optimized performance on all platforms, including increased ‘max voices’ setting now up to 2,048.
- Added 64 bit compatibility on Mac OS 10.6 (AU, VST, and Standalone).
- Added ‘Fast Disk Mode’ feature for Mac for enhanced streaming and faster load times.
- Improved save times.
- Added ‘autosave’ feature (standalone only).
- Fixed potential noise bursts.
- Fixed other minor bugs on all platforms.
The update is recommended for all owners of PLAY 1.0 and above on Mac OS X (10.5 and later Intel Macs) and Windows (all versions).
EastWest has also announced a Summer Sale, offering 40% off sound libraries until July 31st, 2011.
More information: EastWest