Elysia has introduced the nvelope 500, a discrete class-A stereo impulse shaper dynamics processor.
The nvelope 500 is a powerful audio processor capable of making subtle or drastic changes to a sound by providing control over its attack and sustain characteristics. This is extremely useful for reshaping all sorts of individual tones, and is a wonderful tool in any mixing situation as well.
The nvelope 500 operates independently of the specific level of a signal, and (unlike with compressors) you do not have to spend a lot of time trying to balance a set of complex controls to quickly get the results you seek.
nvelope 500 features
- Discrete Class-A Topology – As a true elysia specialty, the audio path of the nvelope 500 is completely based on discrete circuitry and does not use any integrated circuits at all.
- Full Range Mode – In Full Range mode, the attack and sustain intensity of a signal can be raised or reduced fast and efficiently with just two controllers.
- Dual Band Mode – This mode functions basically the same as Full Range, but it provides more tweakability by assigning the attack and sustain controls to individual frequency selectors.
- EQ Mode – The nvelope 500 can mutate into a two band equalizer with a high/low shelf characteristic, and even here the channel link for processing stereo material can be activated.
- Mixed Mode – When Stereo Link mode is not active, the two individual channels can be used as completely different processors at the same time.
- Dual Mono/Stereo Link – For ultimate flexibility, the nvelope 500 offers true dual mono and linked stereo operation as well – no matter if you are using it in Full Range, Dual Band or EQ mode.
- Auto Gain – Should distortion or huge jumps in level occur as an unwanted side effect of the attack processing, the Auto Gain function will compensate and get the level right.
- Stepped Potentiometers – The frequency potentiometers have 41 steps for an easy recall, while the gain pots have a center detent for finding their neutral position at once.
The nvelope 500 is available for $1049 MSRP / $975 MAP / 649 EUR excl. VAT.