Embertone has announced the release of the Mountain Dulcimer, a zither instrument library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
The Mountain Dulcimer, native of the Appalachian region of the U.S., is a strummed zither with a beautiful, intimate, unique sound.
The specific model we chose to record has a sweet, beautiful and inviting tone, and we sampled the heck out of it! You can treat this VI in the traditional sense, as a strummed zither/ gorgeous-sounding acoustic instrument, OR you can take advantage of the super detailed programming love that we put into it – by playing chord changes, notes and patterns that couldn’t be performed on a live instrument!
Mountain Dulcimer features
- Lots of round robins.
- Scripting by Andreas Lemke.
- Incredible, deep scripting, with tons of control over the samples.
- 8900+ recorded samples.
- 3.2 GB installed, 530 MB loaded in Kontakt (depending on your personal DFD settings).
- Fast download from Amazon S3.
- Sample resolution: 44.1Khz/24-bit stereo, NCW Format.
Mountain Dulcimer is available for the introductory price of $89 USD. Requires Kontakt 5.4.3 or higher, full version.