Note: this post is from 2009, outbound links may be broken.
Enttec releases DMXIS
Enttec (in collaboration with db audioware) has released DMXIS, a flexible, easy to use lighting control package, specifically designed for live performers.
DMXIS is the easy way to create exciting live light shows with your Mac OS or Windows based computer. DMXIS was designed specifically for live performers who want to run an automated light show while performing on stage. The hardware is incredibly easy to connect up, and the software extremely simple to learn and operate, while being flexible enough to control modern intelligent light fixtures.
- Hardware style user interface is quick to learn and easy to use.
- Controls any DMX-512 compatible light fixture, including classic dimmer packs, LED fixtures, and intelligent lighting (e.g. scanners & moving heads).
- Create static looks, dynamic chases & moving effects with smooth cross-fades.
- Intuitive tempo-based approach, for perfect synchronisation of lighting & music.
- Runs as a standalone program, VST plug-in, or Audio Unit plug-in**.
- Supports 512 DMX channels & unlimited number of fixtures.
- Outputs one DMX-512 universe (512 channels of control).
- Full microprocessor control (guarantees reliable DMX operation).
- 1500V full isolation (protects your computer).
- 3 and 5 pin DMX outputs (compatible with any DMX-512 light fixture).
- Powered directly from the USB cable.
- 1/4” Footswitch input* for easy scene switching.
DMXIS is available at local Enttec dealers for 189 EUR.
Visit Enttec for more information.
*Footswitch not included.
**Plug-in is an optional feature, requires a host program which supports VST or Audio Unit plug-ins.