Orange Tree Samples has released Evolution Rick 12, a vintage 12-string electric guitar instrument library for Native Instruments Kontakt & Kontakt Player.
Evolution Rick 12 was developed in collaboration with Rosewood Recording Company in Utah. Guy Randle, the owner and recording engineer at Rosewood Recording Company, incorporated analog audio equipment to emphasize and accentuate the vintage tonal qualities of the 12-string guitar. The library includes both an as-is direct input signal from the guitar as well as an enhanced signal.
For the sampling session, he brought guitarist Michael Dowdle. Michael Dowdle’s session guitar work includes recording for artists such as Marie Osmond, The Osmond Brothers, John Schneider, David Archuleta, and The Jets as well performing on numerous movie and TV scores. He has also played on stage with artists like Brian Wilson of the Beach Boys, The Coasters, Sam Cardon, and countless others.
Evolution Rick 12 features
- Multitracking up to quadruple tracking.
- Adjustable pick position using our proprietary physical modeling technology.
- Various vibrato styles, from classic vibrato to rock and metal vibrato with adjustable depth/speed. Vibrato can be assigned to MIDI CCs or aftertouch.
- Powerful mapping system that lets you set how you want to trigger articulations, using conditions such as velocity ranges, MIDI CCs, latching and non-latching keyswitches, and more.
- Built-in strum pattern editor for authentic guitar strumming.
- Over 4.25 GB (compressed to 1.8 GB using the lossless NCW audio format) of 24-bit samples.
- Articulations such as sustains, palm mutes, mutes, natural harmonics, plus special effects such as chugs, scratches, string slaps, and much more.
- MIDI articulations for instant upward/downward grace notes, buzz trills, whole-step slides, whole-step hammer-ons, slides (velocity-based and tempo-synced), octaves, and powerchords.
- Legato samples for slides, hammer-ons, and pull-offs.
- The articulations have 3 dynamics, 2 pick directions (when applicable), and 2x round-robin.
- Separate options for the as-is guitar signal as well as an enhanced signal that uses tasteful processing to increase the richness and sustain of the guitar.
Evolution Rick 12 is available for purchase for the introductory price of $139 until July 29th, 2016 (regular $179 USD).