Note: this post is from 2008, outbound links may be broken.
Evopax releases VTM5
Evopax has released VTM5, a polyphonic EQ plug-in for Windows PC.
VTM5 is an analog replica EQ with the ability to separate one or more voices from the source and to mix it in an internal section, with operation similar to a filterbank but with delay. With five voices for mixing together, LP, HP, LS, HS, BS, BP parametric filters, balance and delay buffer per channel, this plug-in offers a high number of possibilities. It can also be used like a FX processor with phaser, chorus, stereo enhancement, wah-wah, etc.
VTM5 Polyphonic EQ features
- Five filter positions, balance and gain each voice. Excluding Low and High Shelving, the rest with resonance.
- All the frequency alternatives can be removed or boosted. Or mixed with new ones without touching the original; extra LP loudness, HP brilliance, some analog emulation, etc.
- In Direct Mode five voices available, or Chain Mode for usual EQ functionality.
- IIR zero latency operation.
- Precise filters with optimized calculation in stereo, squeezed for to ensure high levels of curvature.
- 64 bit of internal engine. One mode without mathematical approximations, called High Precision Mode.
- Function to limit the top filter frequency in Peak, HP, LP, so the appropriate resonance range in a knob gets multiplied.
- Linear and real parametric, even 1Hz increments with above function.
- Any sample rate supported.
- Optimized for low CPU usage. If desired, only one filter could be activated – saving resources.
- Two meters, one with hold.
- Five delay lines (0.023s max) controlled in the internal mixer. It permits some FX, up to five voices.
- One click MIDI learn and forget. If you are a player, maybe a pedal will give some fun.
- Function for protecting from sudden changes, one of the common issues working with mouse and external MIDI controllers.
- Newer processors and 64-bit OS are supported.
- Built with a native graphic API from Evopax which is modified specifically for speed performance in VTM5.
VTM5 is available as a VST effect plug-in for Windows and has an introductory price of $90 USD / €70 EUR for the next three months.
Visit Evopax for more information and audio demos.