Note: this post is from 2008, outbound links may be broken.
Expert Sleepers releases Augustus Loop 2.0 Public Beta (Mac)
Expert Sleepers has released a public beta of Augustus Loop v2.0 for Mac, a major update to the tape echo/looping plug-in.
Augustus Loop is now fully skinnable and scriptable, a good opportunity for an Augustus Loop Skinning Competition.
We have three free licences (or upgrades) for Augustus Loop v2 to give away, and all you have to do to have a chance of winning is submit a new skin. Skins will be judged on aesthetic merit and/or interesting new functionality.
Changes in Augustus Loop v2.0 beta
- Augustus Loop’s GUI is now fully skinnable and scriptable.
- MIDI behaviour is now scriptable.
- VST version now receives MIDI.
- Added Record Offset feature.
- Added waveform display.
- The ‘Max Delay Time’ parameter now has a smaller minimum value (1.0 seconds) and is not rounded to the nearest 10 seconds.
- Added Tape Read Mode parameter.
- The Freeze Loop function is much improved.
- A small crossfade is now applied when activating Clear Loop, and when Clear Loop ends.
- The Input Level parameter is now protected against sudden changes, which previously could result in audio artefacts. In particular this makes the Punch In/Out features more usable.
- A small crossfade is now applied when activating Tap Record.
- Added a new mode for the Freeze Loop function, “Freeze Current”.
- Added OSC support.
- Added ‘Sync Group’ feature.
- Added new ‘Tape Sim’ section.
- Added factory presets.
- Fixed a bug that could cause Digital Mode to not engage correctly.
Visit Expert Sleepers for more information and a link to download a demo version.