A waveform is created by summing 16 independently controllable ‘partials’. By setting the relative levels of the partials appropriately you can create familiar waveforms such as sawtooth and squarewave, but you can also create an infinite range of timbres in between.
Minky Starshine features
- Flexibly assign partials to three ‘groups’. Each group has a very flexible envelope generator and an LFO, so you can change the balance of the partials (and therefore the timbre of the sound) over time.
- LFOs have a wide frequency range and can also be used as ring modulators.
- The waveform as a whole can have its pulsewidth controlled. An envelope and LFO is provided, as well as control by note velocity.
- Resonant filter, capable of lowpass, bandpass and highpass and a continuous range in between. (Again, control by envelope, LFO and note velocity are possible).
- Flexible modulation section, capable of chorus, flange and delay effects.
- Factory presets showcase some of the range of sounds that can be produced.
Minky Starshine is available for Windows PC and Mac OSX (VST/AU) and costs $29 USD (plus VAT if applicable).
A fully functional demo is available for download. (In demo mode it will time-out after 15 minutes of use. Simply reloading the plug-in resets the time-out).
Visit Expert Sleepers for more information and a link to download the demo version of Milky Starshine.