Expert Sleepers updates Silent Way to v2.0
Expert Sleepers has announced version 2.0.0 of Silent Way, the first major update to its
best-selling plug-in suite for controlling analogue hardware.
Silent Way is a suite of plug-ins designed for use with analogue synthesisers, and especially as part of a modular analogue synthesiser system. The plug-ins produce no sound themselves, nor do they process sound – rather, they generate signals to be used as control voltages (CVs), which can be patched into the control inputs of oscillators, filters, VCAs etc. of an analogue system. Also, with the addition of the CV Input plug-in, it is possible to bring CVs from the synth into the computer, for recording or processing.
Changes in Silent Way v2.0.0
- Added 5 new plug-ins: Silent Way ES-5 Controller, Silent Way ESX-4CV Combiner, Silent Way Follower, Silent Way Learner and Silent Way Soundplane.
- 64 bit support (OS X and Windows).
- New GUI look.
- Added skinning – fully customisable GUIs.
- Added MIDI learn for easy remote control from MIDI control surfaces.
- Added new OSC control features for trivial setup with popular OSC apps such as TouchOSC.
- All plug-ins are now installed in a single bundle (OS X)/dll (Windows).
- Numerous other small fixes and enhancements.
Silent Way v2.0.0 for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available to purchase for $59 USD. An upgrade from v1.x is $20 USD. Users who bought v1 in 2012 are entitled to a discounted upgrade price of $10 USD.
For a limited time Expert Sleepers is also offering its analogue-style delay plug-in Little Spacey for $10 USD when purchased with a Silent Way v2 upgrade.