Extent of the Jam has released version 1.3 of Digits, a free phase distortion synthesizer plug-in.
Digits is a phase distortion synthesizer inspired by Casio’s CZ series but takes that form of synthesis to the limit. Create warm pads, glitchy sounds, dirty basses, filthy sweeps, screaming leads, and anything in-between.
The interface is minimal and designed to enable the user to create sounds from scratch in record time! And, if you’re too busy for that, it comes with 51 lush presets that run the gamut from pads to stabs, leads and basses.
Changes in Digits v1.3
- Full editor GUI (Windows and Mac).
- Much lower CPU usage.
- New global gain setting.
- Gain defaults to -3db if not set (e.g., all old patches/projects default to -3db).
- Better bank/patch support.
- New patch directory layout.
- 1.3C: Fix incompatibility with older Mac OS (tested on 10.5).
- 1.3C: Fix font color.
- 1.3C (Win): Fixed dampening knob behavior.
Digits for Windows, Mac and Linux is available as a free download.
More information: Extent of the Jam