Note: this post is from 2006, outbound links may be broken.
Extremist VST released
Piotr ‘Habib’ Pyrzanowski has released Extremist, a VST plugin for guitars. It’s main purpose is distorting guitar signal to receive extremally heavy sound. This effect is not a tube amplifier simulator, however some methods of altering signal are similar to tube amplification characteristics.
The effect works in stereo mode, without any latency. It uses 15-band stereo equalizer. It’s prepared to use SSE instruction set for Pentium II or newer processors.
- Drive, Dry, Wet, Volume – knobs for regulating amplification & mixing signals
- Feedback – level of feed back signal
- Clip – clipping level
- Reverb – stereofonic reverb effect, adjustable up to delay
- Mod Boost – mid tones amplification
- Eq Q – width of each frequency bin amplification of equalizer
- Post LPF filter Q – filtering of high frequencies of effect output
- Noise gate
- Amp curve – amplification characteristic
- Lock bars – steering of equalizer in mono/stereo
- Post gating – noise gate applied before/after effect
- Smoothing – signal smoothing (hiss reduction)
Visit Habib’s website for more information and a link to download Extremist.