Faber Acoustical has released version 2.0 of its RoomScope room acoustics app for iOS, which now fully supports iOS 7 with a refreshed look and feel that is consistent with recent updates to SignalScope Pro and IOScope.
RoomScope turns your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch into a room acoustics measurement and analysis tool. With RoomScope, you can measure a room impulse response and then calculate reverberation time, early decay time, clarity, and definition, as defined in the ISO 3382 standard.
RoomScope also allows you to adjust the Schroeder decay curve integration limits with the touch of your finger and plot the calculated room parameters versus whole or 1/3-octave band center frequency.
Changes in RoomScope v2.0
- RoomScope’s appearance has been completely revamped for iOS 7. RoomScope supports both iOS 6 and iOS 7, but looks largely the same on iOS 6 as the previous version.
- Audio data handling is more efficient.
- When entering a preferred sample rate, “48k” can be entered in the text box, as an alternative to typing out “48000.”.
- Default input sensitivities have been updated, based on measurements of the iPhone 5S and 5C microphones and headset inputs. Nominal input sensitivities have also been updated for iPad Air and iPad mini with Retina display.
- Cursor info text now uses a larger font.
- 2Ch IR works properly when the internal excitation signal is selected for the X input and pan is set to 100%.
- A bug in the HTTP file server has been fixed.
RoomScope for iOS is available to purchase for $99.99 USD.