Note: this post is from 2009, outbound links may be broken.
FabFilter releases Timeless 2
FabFilter has released Timeless 2, the successor to the original Timeless delay plug-in.
New features such as mid/side processing together with virtually unlimited modulation possibilities ensure that Timeless 2 will warp and mangle your sounds more enthusiastically than ever. At the same time, the streamlined “what-you-use-is-what-you-see” interface makes it even more of a pleasure to use for everyday delay tasks. More than 300 new and improved factory presets will get you started right away.
Timeless 2 features
- Two independent delay lines with tap feature and host tempo synchronization with fully adjustable offset.
- Classic perfectly modeled tape delay mode that changes the pitch when the delay time changes.
- Unique time-stretch mode that speeds up or slows down the sound, keeping the pitch constant when the delay time changes.
- Individual delay line panning.
- Freeze button to keep repeating the current delay line buffer.
- Two independent multi-mode filters with 11 different filter characteristics, based on FabFilter’s unique digital filter technology.
- Unique mid/side processing mode that lets you delay the mid and side signals independently for great stereo effects.
- Clean and uncluttered interface that only displays the components that are actually in use.
- Drag-and-drop modulation system that lets you modulate almost any setting with the following modulation sources:.
- Up to 4 XY controllers.
- Up to 6 XLFOs offering everything from classic LFO shapes to 16-step programmable step sequencers, per-step glide with adjustable glide curve, “snap” option that locks steps to musical notes to create arpeggio-like sequences, modulatable phase offset, and much more.
- Up to 6 envelope generators with graphic controllers, triggering on MIDI, the main input, or the side chain input.
- Up to 4 envelope followers, triggering on main input or the side chain input.
- Up to 10 MIDI sources that let you use any type of MIDI data as a modulation source.
- More than 300 new and improved factory presets.
- The usual FabFilter goodies: perfectly fine-tuned knobs and controllers, section presets, interactive MIDI Learn, undo/redo and A/B switch, Smart Parameter Interpolation for smooth parameter transitions, an extensive help file with interactive help hints, sample accurate automation, AltiVec and SSE optimization and much more.
FabFilter Timeless 2 is now available for Windows and Mac (VST/VST3/RTAS/AU) for 99 EUR / $129 USD / £89 GBP. Bundles with FabFilter Timeless 2 and other FabFilter plug-ins are also available. An evaluation version can be downloaded here.
Visit FabFilter for more information.