Note: this post is from 2009, outbound links may be broken.
FabFilter releases Twin 2
FabFilter has released Twin 2, a versatile and powerful synthesizer plug-in with the highest possible sound quality and an ultra-flexible modulation system.
More oscillators, ring modulation, a new delay effects section and virtually unlimited modulation possibilities make FabFilter Twin 2 much more powerful. At the same time, the new “what-you-use-is-what-you-see” interface with an intuitive routing display makes it also far easier to use. And with more than 1600 factory presets, you can get started right away.
FabFilter Twin 2 key features
- Three oscillators with sawtooth, square, triangle, sine, and pink/white noise wave forms, ring modulation, hard sync, pulse width, phase sync, stereo panning and polyphonic portamento.
- Two independent multimode filters with 11 different filter characteristics.
- On-board delay effects section with two delay units and two extra multimode filters in the feedback loop.
- Clean and uncluttered interface that only displays the components that are actually in use.
- Drag-and-drop modulation system that lets you modulate almost any setting with the following modulation sources:.
- Up to 4 XY controllers.
- Up to 6 XLFOs offering everything from classic LFO shapes to 16-step programmable step sequencers, per-step glide with adjustable glide curve, “snap” option that locks steps to musical notes to create arpeggio-like sequences, modulatable phase offset, and much more.
- Up to 6 envelope generators with graphic controllers and optional side chain input.
- Up to 4 envelope followers, triggering on side chain input.
- Up to 10 MIDI sources that let you use any type of MIDI data as a modulation source.
- More than 1600 professionally designed and categorized factory presets.
- The usual FabFilter goodies: perfectly fine-tuned knobs and controllers, section presets, interactive MIDI Learn, undo/redo and A/B switch, Smart Parameter Interpolation for smooth parameter transitions, an extensive help file with interactive help hints, sample accurate automation, AltiVec and SSE optimization and much more.
FabFilter Twin 2 is now available for Windows and Mac (VST/RTAS/AU) for 129 EUR / $169 USD / 114 GBP. Bundles with FabFilter Twin 2 and other FabFilter plug-ins are also available and existing FabFilter customers can purchase Twin 2 with great discounts by logging in to their online user account. Download a demo version of Twin 2 here.
Visit FabFilter for more information.